2005 Yamaha F150 Idle and Acceleration Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockGrdn

Recruit
I have had some problems with my Yamaha 2005 F150. I have changed fuel filters such as the main water separator and the engine fuel filter and the VST Tank Filter itself was changed. I have also changed plugs. There was some improvement after all of these changes were done. The first issue is while at Idle, running around the bay for a half day or so the idle starts to fluctuate in a steady rhythm. Some days it starts earlier sometimes later in the day. Since the Filter changes, it has not happened while the engine is cold. The other issue, which happens all the time is while accelerating. Idle speed out of the marina (700-750rmp) is fine but when I try to speed up, it will stall if I don?t sharply accelerate past 1000rpms or so. It is fine after that; I do not have any stalling issues at cruising speed or at WOT. I do not run WOT often but once I was trying to get back before I lost light at WOT the engine dropped off about 200-300rpm after about ten minutes with not change in throttle. I have never seen water in my Racor or my engine filter bulb. Any Ideas?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2005 Yamaha F150 Idle and Acceleration Issues

on the running issue most likly you still have a fuel restriction.
on the acceleration issue there is a tech bulliten for a revised link and sync procedure that will correct it.

RockGrdn

Recruit

Thanks for the info, I'll keep looking for filters. How many filters are there along the fuel path?

Does anyone have the Service Bulletin? From what I understand you can only get them from a dealer. I'll stop by my parts store on the way home and see what happens.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

water seperator in the hull,if you dont have it add it.
engine filter,VST primary filter,VST filter and a filter in each injector thats not field servicible. total of 8 filters, anyone of which can take your engine down.

RockGrdn

Recruit

on the acceleration issue there is a tech bulliten for a revised link and sync procedure that will correct it.

Does anyone know the bulletin number. The Dealership does not show anything for an 2005 F150.

jft0214

Recruit

Im having the same issue. It stalls between 750 rpm and 1000. Can someone please tell me where I can find this revised Link n Sync? Thank you.

awilco

Cadet

Have simular issues on a new to me 06 f150. Before I started it I changed the easy to get to fuel filter and the seporator filter.

Reading another forum I saw where a guy had cleaned out his injectors and resolved all the above issues. I plan to do that when I have a day I am not doing anything else. Probably 2020 :D

Hope this helps

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

you pretty much have to have the laptop to verify the procedure.
but basically what we do is to slightly open all 4 shutters, AFTER shutter sync has been done, then set the TPS voltage then run it.
you should see the ISC from the mid 40% range to the low 50% range as opposed to the mid 60% range.
what we are doing is allowing more air past the shutters than the ECU is aware of giving a greater range of motion to the ISC valve.

larryon

Cadet

on the running issue most likly you still have a fuel restriction.

Is this the reason my '07 F150 has been stalling frequently when slowly accelerating from idle since the day I got it and 2 certified mechanics couldn't fix it ? Also has started doing it in reverse . Thanks , Larry

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

it eggzacary why the slow accel between about 700 and about 1200 RPM results in a stall.
my 06 F150 did it out of the box, its also how I figgured out how to correct it years before Yamaha did.
if you cant find any info have your dealership call the Yamaha RTA line and they can fax it to them.

JARB

Seaman Apprentice

Is this new sync and linc procedure done to all engines when they are serviced or just the ones with troubles? My 2007 F150 rarely stalls but it has happened. When was this new procedure put in practice? I do the 100 hr maintenance myself and only let the dealer do the more complex services, last time it was serviced by a Yamaha work shop was in the fall of 2008. Do You think my engine is synced and linked with the new procedure?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

so far I dont think the procedure is in any srvice manual but it does exist.
we typically wont mess with it unless you state there is an issue.
or we find it at the sea trial.
but its less expensive if the customer wil tell us BEFORE the seatrial rather than force us to find the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.