yamaha 2006 150txr

blazer66

Cadet
Yamaha 2006 150 txr 2 stroke. hard to start,needs to choke even after warm up, engine dies if idleing for 2 to3 min. will not reach W.O.T. 4,200 rpm. New spark plugs seem to be gas fouled after one hour of running. New fuel water filter , checked filter on motor clean,NPF. Primer bulb stays firm. Run stabill and 93 OX fuel. could be fuel pump diaphram? Mechanic for 45 years..HAAA.; ALso what is the last year Yamaha txr 150 were brought to the USA? Purchases in 2008 Motor was new but is 2006 on S/N.?

blazer66

Cadet
Re: yamaha 2006 150txr

Bye the way this a two stroke outboard with three 2 barrel carbs, electric choke selonid, Has about 20 hours on run time.all salt water.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Here is a way to test fuel system
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=283363

Motor is designed to run on 87 octane the higher the octane the slower it burns. run the 87

bad diaphragm leaking into crank case would not effect all cylinders(Plugs) only the one giving the pulse to the pump.
How old if the fuel?
Are you saying WOT has always been only 4200 and you can not get there anymore?
As always check compression and spark on all cylinders, then make sure timing is doing what it is suppose to do and then work on the fuel issues. May need to pull and clean carbs

If built in 2006 it is probably a 2007 model

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

year of production is on the stbd transome bracket.
ALL parts AND SERVICE on Yamaha engines 06 and later MUST use the seriel number.
engine PID(seriel) is on the port bracket.
last year of importing the carbed 2 stroke 150 was 31 dec 2009.
EPA got us,most the rest of the world still gets this fine motor.
for gas fouling at high speed test compression and spark first, then the fuel pump diaphrams, then CDI output at the problem RPM.
4 years old and 20 hours is usually fuel system died.
my F150 is 3 years old and it died at 105 hours this spring,fuel.
my 06 EtEC died in o8 with 15 hours,fuel.
man I need to run my boats more.
F150 now has 122 hours and the ETEC 34.

blazer66

Cadet

Thanks Rodbolt for the info..I took it to the Yamaha dealer today, because I have a 5 year warranty on motor. extened from the 2 year. Mechanic said the info that I gave to him sounded like Fuel diaphram bad pump. The plugs were not really gas fouled were just a little wet,two of them. Fresh gas I gas up every third trip. RPM before problem started 5,400wot. about53 mph light load. This is a 20ft 6in blazer center console.The problem started with the last two trips with the going dead at idle and thkes to much cranking to start. Only on the last trip did I notice WOT rpm low and would not reach 5,400.It really has about 50 hours on motor. I use it at least 4 times a month year round fishing in the gulf or Mobile bay!!!!!! THANKS.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

cool. I grew up in Grand Bay and my mom still lives in mobile.
I graduated Murphy high in 1980.

blazer66

Cadet

WELL, Picked up boat from Yamaha dealer friday 26th. They kept it for 2 weeks before cheching it out!! Mechanic said ,found some small amount of trash in the fuel bowls of all three carbs. Adjusted everything checked timming ran compression test. I took it fishing next morning , Still had the same problems with idling and W.O.T. although idling was not bad after I ran it for about 15 mins. When I got home running on water flusher sounded like missfire poping sound !!! Pulled all new plugs ionstalled all the used ones I keep for spare. sounded as if it was right..Put it in water today idled correctly did not missfire or go dead at idle..Ran 5100 rpm .What do you think ? I THINK HE TOOK ME FOR $375.50 for a problem he did not repair inthe first place. Today is sunday I will confront him on monday see what he thinks , and will show him the plugs I replaced .Don't mind paying for repairs that are done right But don't rob me tell me other problems that did't work or correct the real problem.I have lived in Mobile all my life. went to Theodore High school early 60s .Have a good day thanks..

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

back to the tigers VS sharks :).
possible it fouled a plug,even small amounts of trash will make that engine run nasty.
I went to grand bay EL and Mobile county high until a freshman.

blazer66

Cadet

OK RODBOLT, next question, or still same problem..:) after carbs cleaned ran ok. I next day drained fuel tank 32 gals. replaced fuel filter ,replaced fuel line with primer bulb, replaced with again set of new plugs, filled with 87 octane took to the river next day..Started ok ran ok, 4,900 rpm. after slow down started to idle along in gear for five min. ok but as soon as went into netural motor idle for 30 sec. slowed down cut off. restarted had to incress rpm to keep running. Idles at 850 rpm . Mechanic set or adjusted idle timming, and all linkages for sancronization Will idle when in gear at dead forward speed but goes dead at idle in netural at IDLE ??? Got any cules where to go from here. Blazer 66.:(

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

did they remove the carb mixture needle covers and clean that passage?
they have a plug staked over them from the factory.
did they actually test the fuel pumps?

blazer66

Cadet

I don't know what he did other than he said that he cleaned the carbs. they had some trash in the bowls. looked like fuel line rubber specks from inside the lines to the tank. he said he ckecked the fuel pumps and they were ok!!!? Well thats what the mechanic told me He did not like most of the questions that I asked him. He just wants me to bring it back so he can take it to the water and run it himself. Most mechanics in this area will not give you a stright answer.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

next time your there ask to see the training certificates on the wall from Yamaha.
tell us what you get showed.