1985 Suzuki DT55 Oil Injection

Pat Crowley

Cadet
I have a 1985 Suzuki DT55 that I have just put a new piston in. I no longer trust the oil injection system and don't want to put out any more money to have it rebuilt. I want to remove it and just mix my gas and oil 50/1. When I look at the system, it seems as if the oil injection not only adds oil to the gas but also directly oils the crank bearings. If this is so, is there any way to remove the oil injection system and not burn up the engine. Has anyone out there ever done this sucessfully. Really need help on this one. Thanks

waffles1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1985 Suzuki DT55 Oil Injection

Do a board search and you should find your answer.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

This is easy ...... take the oil pump off, you will see the gear that makes it work clearly, remove that gear and bolt the assembly back on, plug the pipe going from the reservoir to the oil pump, disconnect the oil flow sensor and the oil level sensor .... as easy as pie .....

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

I have read that lean running cylinders(fuel) will get the pistons and not enough oil will get the bearings.
what kind of problem did you have?

deejaycee_2000

Captain

As long as the fuel is mixed 50:1 it will get enough lubrication everywhere ....

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade

before I say anything, I am disabling my VRO to go to premix because I need to run a kicker off the same tank.

With that being said, if an engine leans out it will run hot and destroy an engine with the VRO still attached. If you have a pre mixed set up and your engine leans out, due to a possible carb problem or whatever, then you are not just leaning out on gas but oil too.,,. So if you have a fuel problem and disable the auto mix, you could end up with a litney of of problems.

Just a thought.