2004 EDf 9.9 Suzuki Kicker Water in Cylinders

fishinor

Cadet
Motor would not start and took it to a factory dealer. They pulled the lid and found the flywheel key broken and rust on the spark plug threads. Oooops. After pulling the head apart, heavy rust inside the cylinders. Oooops, oooops!
They accused me of either full submerge of the engine or sabatoge by someone who hates me. Really, that was their first line....

After camly explaining...no way in hell! Let's find a better reason.

Head Gasket has no obvious cracks, block looks intact. Nothing obvious or signs of heat buildup. Water pump, they are still looking into. No water in fuel sample and no milky sheen in the oil.

Last time I had it out a month ago. It appeared to run fine with no obvious thuds damage. etc...

They implied somehow water got into the cylinders through the intake. Carburator looked pretty clean, with just a minor touch or rust.

Looking at the heavy rust build up where the unit is bolted together by the head gasket, my thought would be a small leak.

I brought the unit in 6 months ago because it was stalling out. They cleaned the carb and changed the fuel filter spark plugs and stated it started and ran. No indication of bad fuel by them at that time.

Their service tag says compression 140 x 2 and leak down 95 x 2

OK how the heck do you get water in the cylinders then? Help.