2001 Yamaha 250 ox66 - warning buzzer

clbz71

Recruit
I was out this weekend running my twin yahama 250 outboards. I ran 30 miles with no problems, both ran great! After sitting for 1.5 hours, I started the motors back up and headed in. After about 10 miles the warning buzzers went off and I shut down the motors. The problem is in the starboard motor. On the tach there was no indication of what the problem was, the arrows were flashing above all the indicators. Every other time the buzzer has gone off it has indicated one problem...i.e....oil, temp, ect. this is the first time it flashed everywhere. The motor runs great at low rpm's ( under 2000). I had lower units serviced less than 15 hours ago and just had the fuel system completely serviced before this trip. It is not low on oil and does not appear to be running hot. Any ideas on where to begin?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2001 Yamaha 250 ox66 - warning buzzer

3 bars flashing indicate the ECU sees enough oil in the remote tank for automatic transfer(SWB is working) and it sees SW3,engine oil tank low alarm switch,closed.
ECU is all confused, not supposed to work that way.
typically a clogged remote oil tank filter due to excessive maint or a failed pump.
did you try the manual transfer switch with key on engine off and listen at the remote tank to see if you could hear the transfer pump running?.
if not try it,pump running check the filter,pump not running check the voltage on the brown wire at the transfer pump.
with a clogged remote oil tank filter at high RPMs the engine can consume oil faster than it transfers and you get an alarm,slow down and idle 15 min and you get another 15 min or so at high speed then another alarm.

clbz71

Recruit
Re: 2001 Yamaha 250 ox66 - warning buzzer

Thanks guys for the help. I will take a look at it as soon as I get back out to the boat this weekend. I will let you know, Thanks again.