Yamaha 300 HPDI fuel pump

Redfish52

Recruit
Can anyone tell me how to tell the diffrence between the hp fuel pump on the 300 vs 200. I was told by a dealer they have diffrent part numbers and I have found a used one for 1/3 the price and it is tested, the only problem is there are no numbers on the pump to make sure it is the correct one.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha 300 HPDI fuel pump

the Z200 used a single pump with 625 PSI, your Z300 uses a dual pump at 1125 PSI.
the two are not interchangable.
why do you think its an issue?

Redfish52

Recruit

the Z200 used a single pump with 625 PSI, your Z300 uses a dual pump at 1125 PSI.
the two are not interchangable.
why do you think its an issue?

Rodbolt:
The boat went to the body shop and did not have stabilizer in the vst. It was only going to be there for on month but it turned into six. Got it out and would not crank so I checked the pump and it has volted but dose not run. sooked it but with 12 volts still dose not work. I found a complete vst for sale but dose not know if it is off of a 200 or a 300 but has tested and dose work but did not test the pressure. I can get it for 200.00 and that is a lot less than 745.00 from Yamaha. If is is the same and makes the pressure great deal if not 200.00 gone. To be clear it is the pump in the vst that is not working and there are no numbers on the pump.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

buy a can of yamaha compustion chamber cleaner, spray it into a jelly jar slightly taller than the fuel pump.
soak the pump overnight in it.
now use a 12V power source such as a battery or better a battery pack.
attach the ground jumper to the blue wire and the positive to the red,momentarily.
hold it and you may burn out the pump permanently.
if it breaks free your good,if not try reversing the polarity.
sometimes I whack them with 24V momentarily.
ill look at the parts list but I dont think the two interchange.

Redfish52

Recruit

buy a can of yamaha compustion chamber cleaner, spray it into a jelly jar slightly taller than the fuel pump.
soak the pump overnight in it.
now use a 12V power source such as a battery or better a battery pack.
attach the ground jumper to the blue wire and the positive to the red,momentarily.
hold it and you may burn out the pump permanently.
if it breaks free your good,if not try reversing the polarity.
sometimes I whack them with 24V momentarily.
ill look at the parts list but I dont think the two interchange.

Pump did not break loose bought a new one cranked up just fine on the hose will put in water soon but were can I find a diagram of the hoses on the vst to make sure they hooked them back up the right way?