1993 Yamaha 8MSHR Smokes/Oily top exhaust outlet.

fritzdog

Recruit
Hi So I have a Yam 8MSHR that has run great for years, replaced corroded bracket and the prop cables, impeller and pump case and anything else that it needed like small rubber stuff and screws etc...

Took it to my tender and it ran great and then died, but would run with the choke on.

So then I rebuilt the carb and I am very very meticilious, soaked in real carb dip and blew it out checked all jets etc in the light (I worked in a carb shop as a teenager). I have skills.

No info for float height so I measured and set as the old float. As it ran like a champ before and I noticed that having it in my truck must have shook some sediment loose as I found some junk in the main.

Starts right up and runs great but Smokes alot!

Now I used a new tank and a new fuel hose and a new filter and new plugs rigged up. And new gas. I did however use a different type of oil than I usually use which was starbrite TWC-3 2 cycle oil. I was using Mobil 2 stroke TWC-3 oil.

I also used some stabil for the first time. Now I am getting some creamy water looking oily water coming out of the upper exhaust air exit and a good amount and sheen on the water. I used to get some small gunk here in the past but not like this...

Should I try to change the gas again and use different oil or what gives is the head gasket and exhaust gasket the culprit?

Starts right up and runs at full throttle fine to full rpm.

Smokey smokey is what it does however.

Thanks for any input anyone can provide.

At part throttle it leaves smokey bubbles in the drink.

Thanks.

Now it smokes like a chimney and seems pretty excessive, I am