Suzuki 1985 DT50 impellor change.

welshsteven

Cadet
Hi guys,

I guess this is a common question from newbies, but i cant find much info on it, so... I've got a suzuki 1985 DT50 and want to change the impellor on it. I have never worked on an out board before, but from what i gather, the gear linkage is the awkward part to disconnect. Any help or hints on where to locate this and what I expect to encounter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve.

duck0872

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Suzuki 1985 DT50 impellor change.

are you sure it's a 1985? Brownspoint parts lookup only lists the DT50 being made to 1984. What's your serial number?

welshsteven

Cadet

No i'm not sure mate, that is just what i was told, the serial number is 5001 205362. cheers.

duck0872

Seaman Apprentice

from the look of the DT 50's it should be pretty much the same as my DT 65. There's a nut at the bottom of the clutch arm where the controls connect to it. You should be able to access this nut through a hole in the side of the lower motor cover. Loosen that nut and slide the threaded shaft away from you. This will disengage the linkage from the clutch rod. The clutch rod has a hole in the top of and the shaft that has the nut on it is shaped like a fishhook The nut is threaded on the long side and the short side hooks into the clutch rod. By loosening that nut you let the short side of the fishhook slip out of the clutch rod hole. Hopefully this makes sense. If not here's a diagram of the assembly. It's on page 19. The nut I'm talking about is part #5, the connecting shaft (fishhook) that you move is part #1. http://store.brownspoint.com/pdf/DT50_65(80-82).pdf