Suzuki Repair and Service $$

Iceking

Seaman
I recently had some work done on my twin 2002 DF70's (new to me last year) and the labor I am being charged is much higher the what the Service Tech originally estimated it to be. I realize that until a mechanic gets into an engine, its difficult to estimate the labor hours needed to make the repairs; however is there an industry standard for repair costs for outboard engines? I just want to be sure I am not being overcharged. Below is what was performed by the mechanic.

PORT Engine: Drained VST on Port engine, found rust in fuel. Removed injectors and found rust in fuel rail and fuel injectors. VST's (2) were cleaned and fuel lines flushed. Post engine removed intake assembly, removed VST and removed VST cover, FOund rust in tank. Removed high pressure pump filter and replaced, cleaned tank, checked presssure regulator, reassembled VST flushed fuel lines from VST to fuel rail, reinstalled vst onto intake assembly and reistalled intake assembly. Sent our injectors for cleaning and reinstalled. Installed new spark plugs. Removed intake maniford and replaced cracked water hose.

STARBOARD Engine: Removed intake maniford, removed VST, removed VST cover, celaned VST and intake manifold. Reassembled VST, reinstalled VST and intake mainfold. Cleaned fuel rails and replaced fuel fittings. Sent out injectors for cleaning and reinstalled. Installed new spark plugs.

Mechanic Sea trialed boat.

I was charged $967 for Labor. Does this sound right?

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: Suzuki Repair and Service $$

Suzuki has a flat rate manual for warranty repair and can be used as a guide for non warranty repairs. I`m not beating you up for this, but a rayco filter serviced as needed, would probley saved you the labor. Labor is about right I think.