cooling system. suzuki dt85-8501-104209

SIVA

Recruit
hi there, can anyone help me please as i am very new to this site and to my boat and motor. from what i know your motor should have a pee hole to pump out water while running or idling.I dont see one, a very little water comes out the exchaust port, motor is running ok, cause ive been out 4 times like this but now im getting worried, please can someone help me.thanks

Last edited:

waffles1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: cooling system. suzuki dt85-8501-104209

Hi SIVA,
While standing behind the motor you should see the pee hole on the right side just below the cowling of the motor. You either have a bad water impeller or a clog. Do not run the motor for any length of time until you have this problem solved. When you find the pee hole try running a thin wire down the hole to clear out any debris in the tube. You will need a piece of wire roughly about 30" long. It should go into the tube around 12-15". Run your motor and see if you have a water stream. If that doesn't work replace the impeller and while you are in there check for debris. Your impeller maybe coming apart and clogging the tube. Good Luck!!