Yamaha 200 Hp HPDI 2005 doing low RPM

markri

Recruit
I bought a 2005 yamaha HPDI four weeks ago, i have worked day and night to prepare my new boat and engine, but the two trips i have been taking have been failure with LOW RPM

1) When slowly building RPM the engine stops at 2300 RPM

2) When have a moderate acelleration the engine stops at 3000 RPM

3) When kicking the throtle the engine stops at 4000 RPM

4) When idling i get 5000 RPM +

Sometimes the engine completly stalls but sometimes it also goes down to 500 RPM when it starts again and build new RPM and again it stalls.

I have been checking all the connections of the fuel line, tighten them and drained the 10 Micron filter (Brand new) I also tryed to connect the fuelhose directly to the fuel tank without using the seperate fuel filter. And i`ve tryed to connect to an original yamaha fuel tank with original fuel cable without any results. I`am currently using 8mm hose all the way into the engine.
When i contacted the seller he told me to use 10mm.
The fuel filter is also full of fuel as it should be.

I have tryed the engine two times in water and the first trip i tought that it may have been the connector from the seperate oil tank to the engine, because i didn`t have it and drove the engine just with the 1 liter tank onboard. But when istalling the cable it didn`t help i`m kind of out of ideas.

May anyone help me?

cousinabe

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Yamaha 200 Hp HPDI 2005 doing low RPM

Congrats on the new boat/motor!

when was your vst filter last serviced?
when was your medium pressure filter changed?
when was your O2 sensor cleaned AND tested?

These are all maint items.
That's a high-tech motor, runs on the edge of lean and can blow pistons if not running correctly. If you're gonna do the work yourself, I recommend getting an OEM manual and the diagnostic software along with test leads.

markri

Recruit
Re: Yamaha 200 Hp HPDI 2005 doing low RPM

Thank you for your help. I`m going to call the seller to ask these questions. I also called a yamaha service senter but as you told they wanted to do a diagnostic test of the engine. Good that I got full warranty from the seller so i don`t have to pay for these hours.

Congrats on the new boat/motor!

when was your vst filter last serviced?
when was your medium pressure filter changed?
when was your O2 sensor cleaned AND tested?

These are all maint items.
That's a high-tech motor, runs on the edge of lean and can blow pistons if not running correctly. If you're gonna do the work yourself, I recommend getting an OEM manual and the diagnostic software along with test leads.