temperature and pressure gauge yamaha 150 hpdi location?

pancake

Cadet
i have a temperature gauge on the boat ( its not hooked up) but would like to know where to hook it up on the motor? the motor is a 2001 z150tlrz 150hp HPDI 2 stroke. also where do you connect for a water pressure gauge?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: temperature and pressure gauge yamaha 150 hpdi location?

Some engines work fine with the water pressure gauge "Tee'd" into the tell tale hose. Other need to be connected to an unused port in the water jacket. There is no electrical sender involved and the only electrical connections are the light for the gauge. A temperature sender is required on the engine which must match the gauge. Typically these are 30 - 240 ohm thermister types but if your gauges are Yamaha digitials that may be very different. The sender needs to be inserted into the water jacket or be of the contact type (more commonly referred to as a cylinder head temp sender).

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

who made the guages?
is this a salt water engine?
typically the pressure tap goes into the stbd top of the block. the temp sender from yamaha goes into the block at the top port side.
plugs are silver and 14MM hex.
if its a salt water engine odds are high you will destry the block threads when you attempt to remove the plugs.

pancake

Cadet

i will have to check on the gauge (brand). probably not yamaha.
it is a salt water engine, so i will have to rethink/see if there a good reason to do this .
i don't need to remove the pressure tap only to find i can't get the fitting to screw in because it stripped out. that would not be worth the trouble.

i mounted a jackplate and thought a temp gauge and later on a pressure gauge would be nice to have/moniter.