Suzuki DT60 Water Pump Impeller ID

markdtn

Cadet
I have another question posted on my '84 DT60, but I wanted to make this one separate. I bought an aftermarket water pump impeller and went to put it on. The ID where it goes over the shaft is too small. On my motor the shaft gets larger at the impeller. I thought maybe it was a different year somehow so I bought an impeller for an '83. It has the same (small) ID as the first and was slightly shorter so neither fit. First one was bought online, second one from a local marina, no return on either. My question is this: Was the first one likely just mis-bagged? Does the '84 have a larger ID to the impeller where it goes over the shaft than an '83 does? I don't remember having this issue the last time it was changed, but the last time it was done a Marina that has gone under did it for my dad. I will buy a genuine Suzuki one this time, but I don't want to throw away another $25 plus shipping if I have an oddball shaft somehow. Anybody know the difference in '83 and '84 DT60 impellers or better yet have rough dimensions on the ID of each? Browns Marine website says an '83 used a 17461-95200 which has changed to a 17461-94701. It says an '84 used a 17461-95501 which has changed to 17461-95302. Thank you for any help.

markdtn

Cadet
Re: Suzuki DT60 Water Pump Impeller ID

Followup: First one was mis-packaged. Bought a new one from Browns Point and it fit great.