'89 Yamaha Pro 50-Accelerator Linkage Installation Question

Fredontheriver

Recruit
I am trying to install a new accelerator cable from the control box. The tips of the cable are adjustable on each end.

What should things look like when the cable is properly installed/adjusted at the power head end?

When you put it in forward and press down on the hand lever, the carbs are opened via a rotating lever on the power head. At the same time, a spring loaded lever that rests on the carb lever, lowers with the carb lever until it hits a stop. This second spring loaded lever is connected to the control box (I think this box controls the timing advance).

It seems that there would be a "set position" for the carb lever when the cable was installed. If that is the case, what is the initial position of the carb lever. If not, how would you install a new accelerator cable? I got the engine without cables attached so I had no reference to duplicate.

If you know anything about this, I would very much appreciate your input.

Thanks

Fred

hevysrf

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: '89 Yamaha Pro 50-Accelerator Linkage Installation Question

Link and synch is involved on these little engines. I sold my 89 pro50, still have OEM service manual, PM me if you are interested in it.MartyD
385886715.jpg

385886711.jpg
385886707.jpg