Suzuki DT4 2 stroke outboard (1985-87) water pump problem

squidwood

Cadet
Hi all,

I would like info on how to change the impellor/water pump on my suzuki DT4 outboard!

I have a parts list complete with diagrams but this does not tell me how to replace any of the parts.

Many thanks
Dave

gallowaysailor

Recruit
Re: Suzuki DT4 2 stroke outboard (1985-87) water pump problem

Hi
Here's what you do - remove the rubber gromet and undo the coupling which connects the gear shift shafts - remove the two studs at the bottom of the leg and carefully separate the bottom of the leg and withdraw the unit including the splined drive shaft (you may need to give the bottom unit a tap to separate it). Remove the water pump pipe from the rubber gromet and then the screws from the water pump body which will allow you to lift the cover off and reveal the impeller. inspect the impeller and if worn replace - correct way round. Watch out for the key which locks the impeller onto the drive shaft. clean the impeller chamber and replace. You may need to fiddle around getting the gear shaft clamp right to ensure you can sellect all the gears. Email me if you have any problems. Also, any chance of you scanning your parts list and diagram for me??
good luck!!

squidwood

Cadet
Re: Suzuki DT4 2 stroke outboard (1985-87) water pump problem

hi thanks for that, will give it ago this weekend, i have the parts diagram including all the part numbers in pdf so i can email you that if you wish? just send me your email

thanks Dave