Suzuki DT100 oil injection bypass

fshunt4lf

Recruit
I have a DT100 oil injected OB that I want to premix and bypass the oil injection system. What all do I need to do?

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki DT100 oil injection bypass

leave it alone, you have to disassemble motor to remove oil pump drive shaft not recommended. are you having problems?

waffles1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi fshunt4lf,
Do a board search on your question and look at all the reasons not to remove this and see if you want to still do it. It's an extremely reliable system.

fshunt4lf

Recruit

Yes iam haveing problems with to much oil mixture I think because it is flooding out and oil is dripping out of the carbs.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Fix what is broken.
If you think it is the oil system then use your manual to do the troubleshooting needed and repair it.
Flooding is usually referring to the fuel system not over oiling

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer

does the engine smoke when running? are sparks wet with oil? if not then you have an oil leak, not an injection problem as the oil isn't mixed at the carbs. the oil is sprayed in to air fuel mixture after the carbs, this is right out of suzuki manual. you have another problem

Attachments

• april82010.jpg
    april82010.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1
I have a 92 DT100 v4 that I just bought. The oil pump does not seem to work 100 percent. And the manufacturer don't make them any more. The motor starts just fine out of the water. In the water it will start instantly once I put it in gear it dies.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Start your own post this one is 6 years old. Why do you think the oil problem is the problem. I would look elsewhere for your problem not a oil pump issue.