1986 90 hp Yamaha 90ETLJ mix screw

fish46

Seaman Apprentice
does anyone know how to ajust it? been having problem on wot motor will stall. dont know if that has anything to do with that or what els can be my problem

D

DJ

Re: 1986 90 hp Yamaha 90ETLJ mix screw

Moving to Yamaha questions.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

check fuel supply for proper operation and clean the carbs. Mix screw is not for WOT.

fish46

Seaman Apprentice

check fuel supply for proper operation and clean the carbs. Mix screw is not for WOT.

already checked fuel line from tank to motor checked to be ok. i'll take carbs off and clean. what does the mix screw do? it also seem find of weak on take off but afterit planes if i keep it under 4500 rpms it does fine.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

It is for the idle mix adjustment.
If you run one or more cylinders lean it will eat pistons, so clean carbs real good and make sure you do the sync and like when put back on. A Yamaha service/repair manual is really a necessity for working on your motor.

Here is something from the frequently asked questions that is always good to do just to make sure your fuel supply is good. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=283363

fish46

Seaman Apprentice

It is for the idle mix adjustment.
If you run one or more cylinders lean it will eat pistons, so clean carbs real good and make sure you do the sync and like when put back on. A Yamaha service/repair manual is really a necessity for working on your motor.

Here is something from the frequently asked questions that is always good to do just to make sure your fuel supply is good. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=283363

today took cabs off and cleaned. adjusted carb with shop manual also replaced plugs. everything sounds good and rpms staying at what manual says. also did test you suggested the one with the bubbles checked ok. i guess I'm going to have to wait and see what happens in the water. not unless you have any other suggestions. going out to the lake this weekend with family. thanks for all your help

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

The vacuum/ pressure test will tell you if there is a restriction and if the pump is working properly.

fish46

Seaman Apprentice

The vacuum/ pressure test will tell you if there is a restriction and if the pump is working properly.

pulled out gas line tank to motor i had ran new control cables and might of pinched gas line cuz had hard time running them. well i ran it again and line feels free and i also strap line up it was hanging from motor I'm thinking it might of been kinking. ill take it out tomorrow going to lake and won't be back till Saturday ill put a post and say how it went.