Suzuki, High idle after carb rebuild, pole setting for tach?

hevysrf

Petty Officer 3rd Class
1986 Suzuki 55, new to me, engine sat unused many years. I aquired it without seeing it run. Rebuilt carbs, starts and runs, but idle is high with mixture screws at 1 turn. I have factory manual and have set linkage and butterflys as recommened. I have only run it on hose, plugs seem wet. It probably has to come apart again, where should I look for problems?
Also does any one know what is the correct pole setting for the tach? Thanks MartyD

hevysrf

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Suzuki, High idle after carb rebuild, pole setting for tach?

Thanks for tach link cousinabe. I think I found my trouble. This engine does not advance spark with the throttle linkage. Two epoxy potted micro switches on center carb butterfly control advance, was stuck on high speed setting. Idle is fine now,need to get it into the water for test.
What are the odds of an engine not run for 12 years lasting a season or two? I sure it is low hour, reasonably sure it was fogged when put away. I have rebuilt carbs, replaced oil lines, fuel line, fuel pump, fuel filter, water pump, gear oil, tstat, and water flow sensor. Cleaned oil tank, cleared teltale, used air pressure to blow out water passages. Low oil and water flow alarms work on the monitor guage. Is there anything I forgot? Thanks MartyD