2001 yamaha 2hp, converting to long shaft

bigbrookie

Recruit
hey guys, new to the site. i thought this would be a could place to get ideas on boat setups and technical info on motors. i bought a alumacraft 165 classic with a 2 stroke 60 hp yamaha last fall. had a few issues with the motor that we fixed and i love the boat. i do allot of fishing in upstate ny and the adirondacks for trout. my question is; i have a 2001 yamaha 2hp that i use on my canoe that i'd like to use for a kicker/trolling motor, and i'd like to convert it to a long shaft. does anyone know if they make an extension for thie motor? i'd hate to have to buy another kicker motor with one sitting in the garage only being used 1 or 2 times a year.

thanks in advance

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 2001 yamaha 2hp, converting to long shaft

probably would have to find a new lower unit with long shaft and mid section for it. might be easier to find a whole different motor

bigbrookie

Recruit
Re: 2001 yamaha 2hp, converting to long shaft

i was hopeing it would be easier than that, but it is was it is. i know my yamaha dealer had some new 4stk kickers (2-9hp) when i was there this fall, but i was trying not to spend another $1000. i got $1500 worth of stuff on order already!!!!

thx 99yam