YAMAHA 4stro 50HP no pee/ water pump easy as 89 merc?

DamianJP

Chief Petty Officer
Hello

Friend has a Yamaha4 stroke 50HP
Model F50TLRV62Y
Serial L405004

Model and serial might be mixed up, told me over the phone.Basiclly trying to help him save a few bucks and not get hosed.

Not peeing after sitting up he said. Gonna try small stuff before wrenching , but if it comes to it, me and another friend are going to do the waterpump/thermostat/poppit (if it has it)

1) Iv'e done my 89 Merc waterpump/thermostat/poppit
How harder is this newer engine to do the same work? Does it have a poppit?

2)Gonna need torque specs and walk me threw anything you think I couldn't handle or that is unique to Yamaha. Don't worry I soak this $h!t up quick.

3)I have no manuals for Yamaha's so if you know any websites that I can punch in the model and serial and get schematics/help for around the areas I'm working on, would ROCK.

Lemme know what ya think.

Thanks BIG TIME,
DamianJP:D

Last edited:

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: YAMAHA 4stro 50HP no pee/ water pump easy as 89 merc?

Go ahead and buy the Yamaha manual for that motor or you can do a forum search for the things you are looking for to see if you can find what you need. The manuals are copy righted material so you will not find them for free.
You can find them in electronic form that is down loadable if you look hard enough

turn2

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: YAMAHA 4stro 50HP no pee/ water pump easy as 89 merc?

You can try putting air in the pee hole, might be a dirt dobber. If the motor has set for a long while you might want to change the pump anyway.