Yamaha Series 2 powerhead?

Bnathanb1982

Recruit
I have a 2005 Yamaha HPDI 225hp. Recently the motor blew up while taking it out for a test run to sell it :eek:. Well it also almost blew a hole through the cowling. I took it to my dealer and Yamaha is going to cover it under warranty and replace the cowling which is great. I was told it would be replaced with a Series 2 powerhead. Well about 2 days ago I get a call from the dealer saying that the powerhead is on backorder from Yamaha and that they were going to ship them a FULLY dressed powerhead, which is even better! I was told that pretty much replaces everything under the cowling. Is this true? I have searched all over the net trying to get an explanation of what is included in a fully dressed powerhead and cannot find anything. I will obviously ask my dealer when I pick the boat up but was wondering if any of yall could ease my mind until then. :D. I know that the series 2 were only made for a couple years but it's hard to find anything on them either which I guess is a good thing in a way

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha Series 2 powerhead?

only Z series HPDI 225's were the VZ 3.3L blocks.
if they say its fully dressed it comes complete ready to bolt on and fire up.
thats how BRP sent my 175E-TEC when it puked a rod.