Suzuki DT75 Dies while Idling

Captain Mustang

Recruit
Engine was running fine last week until I needed to operate at low speed retrieving fishing gear. Once placed into neutral engine will run roughly for short period and then stop. Engine still starts easily and runs fine with revs up.
During last service, mechanic said that the middle carby had water in it and a fuel/water trap was fitted. I am assuming water in carby again, but no water in trap. Problem stared shortly after refiling oil reservoir. Is there another possible entry point for water?

cousinabe

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki DT75 Dies while Idling

has the fuel pump ever been serviced? could have a pin hole in the diaphragm.

Captain Mustang

Recruit

Thanks for your suggestion, but the fuel pump is fine. Have cleaned all the carbies and found no water. Still running very rough at idle and then stalls. Do you know what revs idle should be? If so, do you know how to adjust?
I dont have a manual, but am looking for a good one to buy.

Captain Mustang

Recruit

Thanks for your suggestion, but the fuel pump is fine. Have cleaned all the carbies and found no water. Still running very rough at idle and then stalls. Do you know what revs idle should be? If so, do you know how to adjust?
I dont have a manual, but am looking for a good one to buy.

grid

Petty Officer 1st Class

Free your mindf of one worry and do a compression test. If that's okay, go back to the carbs. The pilot air screws should be open 1 3/4 turns. Most of the time if the carb is at fault from a lean condition it'll run smoothly--even on 2 cylinders--then quit. If the tech balanced the linkage properly and you still have the same problem, I'd look at a compression test just to make sure you haven't lost a piece of piston.