suzuki dt55 motor dies at idle HELP

t marshall

Recruit
hi everyone. my 89 suzuki dt 55 wont keep an idle. it does out of the water when flushing for about 30 seconds then dies. In the water it does the same but alot faster to die. i have checked the compression thats fine (about 125 psi) installed new plugs and done a spark test that was fine. Fuel pick up in tank is good primer bulb stays solid. what should i be looking at repairing?.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: suzuki dt55 motor dies at idle HELP

Sounds like the carbs need cleaning. You may be able to do it yourself, just pay attention to how they come apart and a manual would be helpfull

t marshall

Recruit

thanks 99yam that did it runs like a dream still a bit rough at idle but a huge improvment i have set the scews out on all three carbs to 1 and a half turns but suspect i may have to do a bit of fine tunning to get the idle right thanks again

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Good to hear it is running better.
Did you get a manual for your motor?
It should give the specs on the adjustments and they normally have a procedure for Sync and Link after the carbs are reinstalled along with the proper way to adjust carbs.
Sometime it takes more than once to get the carbs completly clean and make sure you get all orfices and passageways cleaned out