Yamaha control box

johnstanleyho

Recruit
I have 2 Yamaha 703 side control boxes. Mine are push to open. Is this the right configuration for 90hjp to F225 larger outboard engines? I am getting confused. Aren't the larger outboards all pull to open? Can someone clarify plase...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha control box

most yamahas over 50 HP are push to open the throttle, some of the older stuff ,in the 80,s, were different and most of the modern small engines are push to open,now.

AGENT 37

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Yamaha control box

Bumping: I'm rigging a 2005 225 Mercaha four stroke and found it to have pull-to-open throttle. Can someone take a look at an F225 and verify that it has the same pull-to-open throttle please?

I'm using a single existing Yamaha 703 control box and proper length control cables, getting rid of the crappy dual mercury controls, and everything is working great but the throttle..... which is set up as push to open in the box. I changed out the throttle arm inside the box on a previous motor rig going from mid 90's 70HP 2 stroke (pull to open) to a 2000 F100 (push to open) for the same reason. Just want to see if there is a difference in control set up between the Yammies and the Mercahas.

Just looking for someone to tell me if an F225 has push-to-open or pull-to-open throttle configuration before I order parts.