Fuel tank male fitting for Yamaha 75

andyh

Recruit
I have a 19ft boat with 2 x 75hp Yamaha 2 stokes. I am using external type fuel tanks (top mount). Until recently I was using the std 24ltr tanks that come with the motors. I decided to purchase 2 x Attwood 12 gallon (45ltr) tanks to extend my range. These tanks come with out the male receiver fitting which I purchased separately (mentioned Yamaha type). When I fitted I found that my original Yamaha female fitting does not clip in properly to this male receiver (although it states it is Yamaha). From a visual comparison on my 24ltr tank they look very similar , except : the fuel nozzle on the original Yamaha is hollowed out at the end / the part which I am buying is blocked off at the end with the probing / release pin located centrally. From other shops and also on line these fittings all look the same and I am sure won't fit like the original I have. I have taken my female connector to all the suppliers here in Dubai with out any luck and nobody can explain why it doesn't fit , or how to order the correct part . Any suggestions ?