Suzuki DT225 efi (fuel problem i think) watch video

i have a 1992 dt225 efi and it runs good at low rpms. when i throttle up more it begins to like loose power i guess. it makes the same sound as a car when you rev it and the rev limiter takes over. same sound like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y3R7tsToFU

im guessin its some kinda sensor on the engine or someting of that sort thats making me not able to go high rpms.

EDIT:
here is a video of the motor in water. i took the boat out today to make this video and now i know def. its a fuel problem. i have a complete spare motor for parts. i just need to know if i should change everything that has to do with the fuel or just some parts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGpGv15OxxI

Last edited:

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Suzuki DT225 efi

Re: Suzuki DT225 efi

spun hubs are easy to check for.
index mark the inner and outer hub and run, then check to see if they are still matched up.
Are you saying that the motor revs up but the speed of your boat slows down?
That is what a spun prop or hub will do.
Hopefully you are not trying something like the idiot on the u tube video trying to see if it will come apart.Motors are not to be run at high RPM without a load.

Re: Suzuki DT225 efi (fuel problem i think) watch video

so its not a spun hub, anybody else have anything to add?

gill

Seaman Apprentice

It's sounds like a sensor, you need to find out if your engine has a safe mode, I'm sure it does being oil injection, in so that it may be limiting RPM for some reason. In a limited rpm mode it will sound like it is hitting the rev limiter because it thinks it out of oil or it thinks it overheating. Check the oil sensor in the tank on the engine and check both temp sensors. If not any of these sensors check your fuel pressure

gill

Seaman Apprentice

there should be a shrader valve on the fuel rail or somewhere in the on engine fuel system, it will look like a tire inflation valve, take a fuel pressure gauge from any auto parts store and plug it on to it and run the engine, you will need to find out what the pressure is supposed to be. maybe 20-30 psi. I am still leaning towards one of the oil sensors though.

tlsheetz

Recruit

there should be a shrader valve on the fuel rail or somewhere in the on engine fuel system, it will look like a tire inflation valve, take a fuel pressure gauge from any auto parts store and plug it on to it and run the engine, you will need to find out what the pressure is supposed to be. maybe 20-30 psi. I am still leaning towards one of the oil sensors though.

I have a 1992 225 and my inline oil filter was clogged up and would not let any oil mix with the gas. The oil sensor guage would stop my rpms which sounded just like your motor. The filter is a very fine mesh and all you have to do is clean it out.