Suzuki DT 40 HP faria tachometer

her_fedo

Recruit
Hi, this is my first post... I have a suzuki DT 40 HP manual start, I think it's 1984, the serial number is 4001-106908. The motor has rectifier, my mechanic checked it and it works well. Now I want to install a Faria tachometer, it's an euro white tach 7000 (TC9865 32905). I read that have to connect the "BAT" and "GND" studs to the rectifier out, bul I didn't find where to connect the "SIG" (signal) stud, I found a chart in another post indicating a yellow wire for tach signal, but I don't find it in my motor. could it be of another colour ?

Can somebody help to find the signal wire ? From which part of the motor it come ?

Thanks in advanced
Hernan

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki DT 40 HP faria tachometer

I Have A Dt 75, Its A 1986. The Yellow Wire Is The One You Seek. Also By Connecting To Rectifier You Will Know That You Are Charging As Long As Tach Works. It Should Be In The Harness Where Your Kill/ign Switch Is. If Not Look Under Motor Cover. Its Got To Be There Somewhere

her_fedo

Recruit

ok, I will check the wires again and if I didn't find it I will take a photo of them. Another question, how many poles has my motor ?
I supposed it has 4 poles, because I read in a Faria manual instructions than Suzuki Less then 55 HP and all 60 HP, 65 HP thru 1985 has 4 poles, is it right ?

Thanks

her_fedo

Recruit

Hi, I found the yellow wire, but now I have another problem... I found a chart that says:

White wire 12 v pwr
Black wire Ground
Yellow/red Charge Battery
Yellow tach signal

I found these wires in my motor, but the white one is disconnected, so I don't know where to connect the wire from the BAT stud of the tach, should i connect it to yellow/red (charge battery) ?

See some photos of the wires:

img1201hk.jpg

img1202p.jpg

img1205yc.jpg

There are others wire from a round part of the motor, a green and a blue/red wire, that are disconnected, is this correct ?