2008 Yamaha F150 TXR temp gauge

bear_69cuda

Commander
My Hurricane does not have any temp gauge at helm. I don't want to assume I even have an alarm or warning buzzer. How would I install a temp gauge for my engine? And is it even necessary? I'm use to I/O's

Also, what about an oil pressure gauge?

Any suggestions on make/model?

Thanks!

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 2008 Yamaha F150 TXR temp gauge

do you have a Yamaha multi-function gauge?...any gauges ?...when you turn the key on- you should get a beep that comes on for a second then goes off to let you know your alarm system is working :cool:

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

no beeps or buzzers at key on power on that engine.
best way is to have it re rigged with command link gauges.
then you will get all displays including maint required and water in the fuel detection.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Yep I get a beep when the key is turned on.

Only gauges that give me any engine stats are tach and hour meter.

Those command link gauges are kinda pricey! :eek: The ones on the Yamaha site, seem to only display the following: Combines speedometer and fuel management gauge functions. Reads combined fuel flow only in multi-engine applications. Also shows flow in GPH and TTL????? not sure what this is... Water flow? or is that fuel? I can't seem to find anything regarding temp, oil pressure, or maintenance due times... $684 man...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

if you get a beep at key on power its broke.
NO beeps squeeks or cheeps at key on power with a single F150.
read more.
the square yamah tach gives a lot of information even more if you also go with the square speedometer.
with the combined gauges there is somthing like 32 paremeters you can track.
TTL is total fuel burned and GPH is gallons per hour and is resettable.
trick is command link is more difficult to navigate than anything bill gates ever desighned.