Yamaha trim gauge on Wellcraft 24 WA

Hawker Doctor

Recruit
Hello all,

I have a 2000 Wellcraft 24 WA powered by a 2002 F225TXRA. When the previous owner had a new engine installed on the boat, they did not hook up the trim gauge. Inside of the engine cowling, I have located the connector with the pink and black wire from the sending unit. The original trim gauge is a teleflex with the typical Signal, Ignition, Ground studs on the back. My question is can I use this gauge or do I have to use a Yamaha gauge? My local dealer gave me a Yamaha trim gauge with the 3 bladed connector on the back of the gauge. My understanding is that I have a 2 wire trim sending unit, this gauge has pink, black, orange wires going to the connector. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha trim gauge on Wellcraft 24 WA

all yamaha post 2001 use a two wire trim sender for the US market.
pink black and orange are for a 3 wire sender,
can you use the teleflex, depends on if its the correct one for the two wire yamaha.

Hawker Doctor

Recruit

Thanks rodbolt... I got the correct gauge finally and wired it up tonight... works great!

joelisajer

Recruit

I have almost the same problem with the 150 TXRB. A two wire sending unit is disconnected, but when connected to the harness it leaves one of the sending unit wires to an open terminal (no wire there). SO only the pink sending unit wire goes anywhere, the other (black) is in a blank spot.

Please, any help would be appreciated.