upgrading spark plugs on 2000 Suzuki DF70

manitoba1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm going to replace the spark plugs on my DF70 and have though about upgrading from the stock BPR6ES NGK plugs to either G-power platinum or iridium. NGK's Canada site mentions Iridium is a good choice in places with fuel which may contain ethanol. My though was to at the very least try the platinum. Any thoughts as to whether or not the upgrade is going to be of a significant benefit for the extra cost? Anyone have any experience with the Suzuki 4 strokes and iridium or platinum?

Knightgang

Lieutenant
Re: upgrading spark plugs on 2000 Suzuki DF70

No expereicne with the DF models, but I can say this... If you are going to upgrade plugs, stay with what Suzuki and the NGK site suggestes for your engine...

robert graham

Admiral
Re: upgrading spark plugs on 2000 Suzuki DF70

Probably better to just stick with the factory recommended plugs. If everything else is correct with your motor then the stock factory NGK plugs are going to work fine. My motor is a 1999 90HP 2 stroke premix Yamaha and I'm still running the original set of plugs. I have a new set in my boat for when and if I ever need them. I just take the plugs out and clean them from time to time...no problem. I do run the 100% Pennzoil Synthetic Oil and it burns clean. Good Luck!