08 yamaha f150 cooling probs.

kaos420

Cadet
my 08 yamaha f150 has no water from the telltale while idling on ear muffs, recently replaced the w.p. impeller and housing, i have heard from some dealers that this is normal on the hose, but the temp alarm sounds after a min or 2, the engine is not to hot to touch, can anyone shed some light on my problem?

sigma

Seaman
Re: 08 yamaha f150 cooling probs.

Are the muffs the square ones by yamaha or the cheap round ones?

Could be lack of water pressure at the hose as well.

Ever run it before on the muffs without a problem????

KC4YIN

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You should use the muffs that are rectangular in shape with water feed on both sides. Be sure to rotate the muffs vertically to match the water pickup on the lower unit. That should solve your problem.

kaos420

Cadet

its the square ones but not sure if there from yamaha, we have pretty good water pressure, just got the boat not long ago from my uncle who passed away this summer:(, as far as i know he did not have any problems with the rig, put it in the water once since i've owned it, it was doing the same thing then as it is now which prompted to replace the impeller and housing only ran it on the hose since then for a min or two at a time

kaos420

Cadet

i'll be sure to try them vertically, thanks

KC4YIN

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Do you have water from the tell tale while the boat is in the water?
I had this same problem when I first got my 04 150 and I just probed the telltale hole with a tooth pick and it started peeing like it should.

kaos420

Cadet

have not had it in the water since i replaced the pump(which had some very slight damage/wear). i can pull the hose for the tell tale at the engine side and blow through it with ease

joe009

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have the same engine,and had the same tbl.there are water intakes on the lower unit.one in the front,two on the right side,above the main water intakes,just below the lower unit rim.they must be taped up.

kaos420

Cadet

got her in the water today and she ran great. Smoot, quiet, and 50 mph no problem, thanks again guys!