25 hp suzuki overheating

ashcraftman

Recruit
the motor is a 1988 2 stroke 25 hp water is coming out of the right place but it cold like the water going in to the motor. the water coming out of the releave hole is hot. i put new water pump had the head shaved down and put on new headgasket and still the same dont know what to do any help i really need to go fishing

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: 25 hp suzuki overheating

Welcome to the forum ..... the water that comes out is suppose to be hot to the touch .......

ashcraftman

Recruit

but the motor is over heating when i block the releave hole the water coming out off peehole is cold then gets hot like the water is going in and then right back out till i block that hole off

david_r

Lieutenant Junior Grade

welcome to iboats!!!

the "pee hole" or "tell tail", or what ever you want to call it, is just an indicator that your water pump is pumping water.

you should be able to lay your hand on the head, while it is running and warmed up, for a couple of seconds before it starts to burn you.

if you have peeling or blistered paint on your eng that is a sure sign of overheating at some point...... usually starts around the head gasket area.

ashcraftman

Recruit

when i block the tall tail hole the water coming out of the pee hole get hot and then i can put my hand on the block and it wont burn me but if i take that cork out it starts to get hot i think its seen its day and now is time to sell for parts donno what to do.