Yamaha remote control 703 help needed

Eliasarmatas

Cadet
i have a problem with my 703 remote control, i thought that you might be able to give me some help .
I have opened the remote control to change the key locker with which i had a problem.
Accidentaly i moved the control, and the metal parts for moving the gear and the throttle, left from their position. It was the fist time for me to open this. After some 2 hours effort, i managed to put them back together. However a problem exists. The Part 19 from the diagram, does not move all the way to the end. As a result the engine canot develop full speed. Also when in idle , also the item 57 does not move the part 19. I am giving you the numbers, because i dont know how these are called in English.
I am reall desperate now, because i am trying all day to find the reason, and i canot.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Elias

Eliasarmatas

Cadet
Re: Yamaha remote control 703 help needed

Thank you for the advise. However even if the throttle cable is not connected at all, still the mechanism of the remote control, does not move the throttle to the end . It seems that it has no strength. When i connect the throttle cable, it moves even less, due to the resistance of the cable.
I have checked in the diagram with the parts, but canot figure out if something is missing.
thanks again

mj.langston

Recruit

hey,i am having same problem i need a diagram or some kind of help

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

If the info in the thread does not help you, start a new thread with your own questions and motor info

turboaddict

Recruit

If the info in the thread does not help you, start a new thread with your own questions and motor info

hi everyone, this is my first time on this site and it looks very informative.
i need help with a Yamaha 703 control box, and the problem I'm having
is when you put the throttle in forward gear, there is no throttle response
until you past half way on the box. when throttle is all out, I'm getting
only 3800 RPM instead of 5500. Is there something wrong with the box
or do i need to change some parts in it?