Oil injection problem 225 DT Suzuki 1996

weeki13

Recruit
I was running at about 4000rpms and the motor powered down and quit on me. After inspecting motor I realized the oil injection system was not working.I now am mixing the oil myself but the motor won't rev past 4200rpms. This motor has the oil flow sensor and the oil level sensor. Do I have to do something with these sensors for the electronic fuel injection to work properly? What would be the proper way to sucessfully disconnect the oil injection system? ie:leave the sensors connected or disconnect and jump the wires together or disconect completely. Currently I have the oil supply hose disconnected and pluged with oil in the oil tank so the level sensor think there is oil present. Also I have the oil flow sensor connected.Thanks for your help.

redoil

Cadet
Re: Oil injection problem 225 DT Suzuki 1996

i have exactly the same engine and the same problem. Here's what I have found out. I disconnected the wires to the oil flow/filter (actually just need to disconnect one, disconnect the wires from the oil level switch, plug off the hose that goes into the oil pump. Make sure you hit the reset button while the engine is running. I did all this and FINALLY the check engine light stopped coming on. OH AND DON'T FORGET TO PRE MIX OIL AND GAS -- 50:1 -- NOW AND FOREVER MORE. A mechanic in a local shop said that any time they get an older engine in with an oil injection issue they do this...his comment is "Shame on me if I forget to mix oil -- but who can I blame if the injection system fails?" I guess "me" also. His point is that at least we know that we are getting oil to the engine.

hcm2009

Recruit
Re: Oil injection problem 225 DT Suzuki 1996

Hi all !!!
I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!