Yamaha Digital Gauge Question - Thanks.

PanamaRanger

Cadet
I have a 1998 or so 40HP Yamaha. The controls have 2 different digital LCD type readouts. The right digital gauge is for tach and levels and has digital readouts. The left gauge has a mode button and a set button on the bottom. Everything has been working fine with it. I decided to set the clock right and reset the trip meter.....sooooo---now the volt meter reads OK and the clock is OK but the speedometer and the trip meter do not work...there is a dash (-) where the speed would be and the trip meter reads 0.0 all the time...I do not have an owners manual ----

Is there some button combo I need to set or something??
Is there a place I can download an owners manual?
It was working fine both the tach and the trip meter until I reset them....I bet I need to push some button I don't know about.

Thank you.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha Digital Gauge Question - Thanks.

sounds like the pitot tube is clogged up, usually its debris in the hole on the leading edge of the gear case or if a seperate pitot tube is used it may be kicked up.

PanamaRanger

Cadet
Re: Yamaha Digital Gauge Question - Thanks.

That is what is was. I could not believe that it was such a coincidence.....The hole stopped up at EXACTLY the time I reset the trip meter.....Thank you. I had thought of the hole but the boat was in the water and the pilot hole hard to get to. I figured it was something else -----wrong. Thanks again.