2000 Yamaha SX 150 TXRY EFI OX66

retdguy

Cadet
Hi,

I'm having a problem on idle up to about 1800 RPMs where the motor seems like it's loading up a little bit. As soon as I push the throttle up, it clears up and runs fine. I had it running at 3500, 4000, 4200, 4500, 5000 RPMs and it ran great.

As far as maintenance, this year I replaced all spark plug caps, 2 new low pressure pumps, new pressure relief valve, new water pump, 2 new thermostats, cleaned O2 sensor which looked fine (had a little carbon on the O2 sensor and the draw tube was a little oily but clear). Late last year I replaced VST filter and engine filter. Every year I replace the 10 micron water separator filter and spark plugs. I only put about 50-60 hours on it per season.

Also, today I noticed on my Yamaha gauge that the battery was registering 12.6 and it was blinking on and off. Is this too low? I have 2 batteries ... one is a brand new (this year) starting battery, the other is a deep cycle battery group 24s.

I will check the VST filter. The engine mounted filter looks clear. I purchased the boat used about 3 years ago so I don't know what maintenance was done before I got it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

- Bob