Found 140 suzuki outboard

199675hpforce

Petty Officer 1st Class
Are these good motors, comes with controls,guages. My boat starcraft fishmaster 170 the rating is 125hp on my plate. The motor doesnt appear to be heavy. My current motor 1996 75hp force by mercury. I think its all merc except block on this year. Would it just bolt right up? Im pretty sure the power would be fine on this deep v. Any problems with insurance and resale? Also im guessing its 1996 any way to distinguse the year by pictures?
13394271.jpg

rlk

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Found 140 suzuki outboard

I have a 2008 115 Suzy 4 stroke and love it. Very quiet and you can't beat the fuel consumption.

Bob

Bifflefan

Commander

insurance, may be something. As the boat is only rated for 125. that could pose a problem if something happened.
Remember this is a forgive and forget land we live in.
No wait, thats my dream world isnt it....

Marion Moore

Petty Officer 1st Class

As far as the weight, the 115 and 140 are identical, just a little difference in carburation or electronic fuel injection to squeeze out some more horse power.

Not sure about the insurance. I don't recal my carrier asking what the boat was rated to handle.

I can't tell from the picture but I don't think it is an EFI. I think the 140 didn't go EFI until 1997. Good engine. Like everything else it can have problems. It is a gas guzler but keep it around 4000 and your fuel economy will be much better.

Parts are easy to come by through Browns Point Marine online.

I see it has an aluminum prop. I have a stainless, actully 3, that would work on it if you buy it and are interested.

Look on Kelley Blue book to see if you are being offered a fair selling price.