Yamaha Oil Injection Problem (yet another one!)

DukesFin

Chief Petty Officer
Okay, the remote tank is not filling the main tank.

1990 Yamaha 150 ETXD

All three LED's lit up and buzzer went off. Shut the motor down and pulled the cowling off to discover the engine/main tank was at the "low" level. Turned key switch back on (buzzer sounding still) and hit the emergency switch and nothing... Got out the reserve bottle of oil I keep on board and manually filled the main/engine tank, turned it back on and was "good to go" for a while... Until it ran low again, refilled the engine tank (tried the emergency switch again to no avail), and brought the boat home.

I read of a troubleshooting guide, but I've searched on here and can't seem to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I did pull the float switch out of the main/engine tank with key on and as the float switch "fell" the alarms did sound, placed it back in the tank and (since the tank was full), the alarms turned off.

I noticed that when I turn the key switch on, the pump motor runs ever so quietly. Not loudly like it used to though (when it was filling the main/engine tank)...

Thanks!

Rampfever

Cadet
Re: Yamaha Oil Injection Problem (yet another one!)

Sounds like the in line screen is plugged. The troubkeshooting procedure is great that seahorse sent you. I used it to fix mine very recently.
I also did a service on both tanks which I thought i did not need. Turns out the bottom of the boat tank was real sludged up Along with a control module being out.

DukesFin

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Yamaha Oil Injection Problem (yet another one!)

Yep! Bad filter, bad ground and some sludge...

Tanks cleaned, re-wired and ready to fish again!

Thanks!