1985 yamaha 50 hp wont start

walleye90165

Recruit
was out fishing all day and decided to turn in, turned the key and nothing. No clicking from starter/solenoid. my red indicator light for the oil was on as well as the green power light. SO, I checked the oil in the reserve tank and it was completely full. Jumpered the solenoid and the boat started right up. turned the key to the off position and tried to start it again, but, same as before nothing happened. Jumpered the solenoid and the motor started up again. once at home i put in a new solenoid but the problem of starting with the key was not fixed. I emptied the oil reservoir and filled with new yamalube. When I turn the key the green power indicator light comes on and so does the red indicator light fot low oil. Does a faulty oil sensor/switch prevent me from starting the motor? This is a 1985 yamaha 50 H.P. 3 cylinder motror Model ETLK. I have gone through all the wiring and checked for a bad wire grounding out and found none. The 10 amp fuse under the cowling is good too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!