Suzuki df50 4 stroke, Water in oil (milky)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasgas_270

Recruit
Hi there can anybody help me , i have just noticed that my engine oil is very milky in colour , i have flushed it out until it was clear fitted a new oil filter and 2.4 ltrs of oil , i then ran it for about 3/4 of a hour in a water tub every thing looking good .
I was advised to take the boat out for a sea trial for about 1 hour or so ,when i got back to the yard i checked my oil , bad news it was back milky and full to the top of the dipstick ? the engine is mint it runs without any other problems ,it starts first time runs smooth without any other problems .
The only thing that was done to the engine before i bought it was new impeller and lower gear oil changed , the engine oil was lovely and clean .
I have owned the boat and engine about 3 months and used it about 5 times i dont know when it started to do this , can any body advise me on this .

many thanks

Last edited:

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Suzuki df50 4 stroke, Water in oil (milky)

when you say "sea trial", guess that means salt water? better drain the engine oil right away because that water/oil emulsion in there will definitely start corrosion in the internal parts. Put fresh oil/filter then run engine on muffs or in a tank(fresh water) while you're trying to locate the leak. sounds very much like a head gasket, which shouldn't be too hard to replace yourself or at the boat dealer. main thing right now is not to allow corrosion to start in the engine and get your gasket/leak fixed. it's good you noticed this because if you hadn't checked the oil and found it, that water could have remained in the engine for weeks or months and really ruined the motor. Good Luck!

gasgas_270

Recruit

Thank you for that , i ran the engine in a tub of fresh water no signs of the water , but when i tried it in the sea under load it was milky after 1 hour .
I have flushed the engine oil out again and filled it with diesel then flushed and filled again with diesel .
I dont fancy changing the head gasket my self ,so i think i will take to my local suzuki and get them to confirm what it is .

Many thanks for you help

regards
gasgas

melle_78

Recruit

hello micke from sweden here, have you found out what it was with your engine? I have the same problem with my evinrude 50hp 2000.

Bobby Drummond

Recruit
I have a Evinrude 50hp 4 stroke and I have the same problem exactly as described above. Mine is a 2005 which is apparently the same engine as the Suzuki. I was wondering if Admiral has found out anything also.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have a Evinrude 50hp 4 stroke and I have the same problem exactly as described above. Mine is a 2005 which is apparently the same engine as the Suzuki. I was wondering if Admiral has found out anything also.

Start a new thread. This is from more than 10 years ago.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.