DT2 stalls, but starts back up immediately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyb

Recruit
Hi guys,

Got a '91 Suzuki DT2 that I just put back in the water. I cleaned fuel tank, sprayed carb with carb cleaner, put in a new plug, checked the impeller, changed the gear oil and put it back together.

It starts first pull and runs beautifully, no smoke, spits nicely from the exhaust hole, and on the back of my canoe makes me feel very smug doodling around in the river. HOWEVER, after a while, presumably when it gets hot, it will stall. It starts back up immediately, first or second pull, runs for a few minutes (between 2 and 10), then stalls again. ALWAYS starts back up, so I just keep stopping and starting. Smug feeling wanes.

I have tried various throttle amounts, to no avail - it maybe delays the stall slightly on lower throttle (presumably takes longer to get to critical heat level?).

Anyway, I suspect this is probably a common problem that I just happen to be ignorant about, so is there anyone out there who can help?

Thank you!

jeremyb

Recruit
Re: DT2 stalls, but starts back up immediately...

Oh - how do i check that? I assumed there was some sort of valve or something on the filler cap....?

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: DT2 stalls, but starts back up immediately...

yes, the filler cap is suppose to have a little screw on there to allow ventilation at the tank .....

Squawk7500

Recruit
Did you ever solve this. I just bought a DT2 and it'll idle forever, but it'll only goto high RPM for a few seconds after startup then will always stall if it goes a little above idle. Always starts right back up after 1 pull and the throttle at idle.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Did you ever solve this. I just bought a DT2 and it'll idle forever, but it'll only goto high RPM for a few seconds after startup then will always stall if it goes a little above idle. Always starts right back up after 1 pull and the throttle at idle.

You're not going to get a reply. The OP started the thread in 2005 and never returned, 12 years ago. Read the Help Tip on top of the page and start your own thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.