Suzuki 2 stroke DT130 Prop shaft stripped

Surfwtw

Seaman Apprentice
Hey everyone, I am looking for some advice. My prop shaft is completely stripped. The plastic book was installed incoreectly and I believe that this cause the prop to come off and stio the prop shaft. Anyway, I need a new prop shaft. What should I do to fix this? I am having problems finding a matching lower unit for this motor. If I could find a good one then I would just bolt it on. I have found a new prop shaft. Do you think it would work if I just took apart the lower unit and replaced the propshaft myself. I think that this could save me a lot of money. Does anyone klnow where I can find a matching prop shaft. If you have any parts that would work including a 25" lower unit then please call me. My number is 850-376-1472. I am in Destin FL.

Marion Moore

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Suzuki 2 stroke DT130 Prop shaft stripped

Browns Point Marine should have any part you need but I have never heard of a DT130 and can't find one on Browns Point web site. I'm sure that was a typo.

To get to the shaft you will have to take the LU apart which could be challanging for someone who is not mechanically inclined. Never heard of a plastic book either so I'm not sure what caused you problem. Definatly need to figure that out before you spend $$ to repair it.

Surfwtw

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Suzuki 2 stroke DT140 Prop shaft stripped

Re: Suzuki 2 stroke DT140 Prop shaft stripped

This is a DT140 not 130 sorry

Surfwtw

Seaman Apprentice

sorry for all the typos. I meant the boot that usually comes with the new prop.

Marion Moore

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looking in the archives you posted on this back in Feb. I think you ended it saying you needed a new prop because your prop hub was stripped. If it is not the prop I am trying to figure out how the prop shaft would get stripped. If you do need a prop shaft you can buy a new one from Browns Point and have someone install it for you. You may get out under $500. Finding a XL shaft LU for a DT115/140 is going to be very difficult.

I have a prop I could sell and have a 20" lower unit but that will not help you.