F150 Yamaha bleeding black exhaust soot

angler53

Seaman
My F150TXR bleeds exhaust soot somehow either between the powerhead and the oil pan or oil pan to drive unit. It comes out around the exhaust relief port and all around the bottom of the plastic apron. The oil pan is covered in it.
I clean it all off and within two hours run time it's all over the back of the motor again.
It's not oil or fuel, it's dry. I wouldn't call it incomplete combustion because the plugs are clean and the motor runs good. I never idol much over a few minutes. I run it two to three hours weekly. I normally run between 4000 and 4500 rpm. Fuel burn remains consistent at 3.5 to 4.5 gph. I try to be sure to get it hot and cool it down before shutdown. This motor has 165 hours on it. The powerhead was exchanged at 15 hours in service.
This may be nothing to worry about but I would like to be sure there wasn't a gasket or something that failed due to the PH exchange.
It may be common to the F150 four-stroke, I don't know. If it's uncommon, I want it looked at.

RodBolt, somebody????

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Re: F150 Yamaha bleeding black exhaust soot

The first thing to check is the operating temperature to see if the motor is warming up enough. Then check for a leaking injector, excessive fuel pressure, or a leaking float valve in the vapor tank.

It would be best to find a good dealer if you do not have the manual and the tools needed.

angler53

Seaman
Re: F150 Yamaha bleeding black exhaust soot

Thank you seahorse5.
I talked to the best dealer we have this morning. They said it is normal for a motor running ringfree :confused: