Carburetor syncing-- 1995 Yamaha F50.

glink_98

Cadet
I have a Yamaha F50 TLRS .

I just did a thorough cleaning of my carbs by immersing in a gallon of Gunk. I then did all bench adjusting including the static synchronization of carbs---
StaticAdj1.jpg

I am having trouble with the dynamic adjustment of carbs.

The Service Manual says to do this---
DynamAdj1.jpg

And then this---
DynamAdj2.jpg

The vacuums gauge was just purchased at Napa for about 50$. It is a dial type gauge (not a mercury tube).

I am inserting the vacuum gauge in the measuring port----- one port open at a time.
DynamAdj3.jpg

My problem is the vacuum gauge swings wildly thru an arc of about 120 degrees. Is impossible to get an accurate read.

When I sucking on the gauge it reads OK. It is like the measuring ports are huffing AND puffing!

This engine is now almost 15 yrs old and has never had anything done to except winterization.

Please--- any suggestions?

glink_98

Cadet
Re: Carburetor syncing-- 1995 Yamaha F50.

Arny:

Thank you VERY much!

This is a great device. I bought it and it came timely from the UK.

It made syncing the 4 carbs very easy-- AND-- my 15 year old 50HP now runs better than ever.

Thanks again--- Rick

avius

Cadet

Hey you guys know it this tool would work for a 90 HP Mercury 4 stroke? I rebuilt my carbs and have read that they need to be synced after such, so I'm looking for the appropriate gauge. Thanks.

glink_98

Cadet

Sorry-- I dont know.

But it worked great for my Yamaha.

You might want to contact the vendor and ask. They have a 'contacts' link on their www site >>> http://www.carbtune.com/

Good luck--- Rick