Dt225 suzuki impeller install

MoAllen

Cadet
Hello,I have two 2001 DT225 suzuki's and want to replace the impellers. I have the Seloc Manual and it has about nothing on how to remove the lower unit. Does anyone have this in simple words.I know I have to remove the bolts and I think the one on the trim tab. There is a small rod with a disconnect pin and round smooth rod. I think there might be a water hose somewhere in there also. I am a 100% disabled soldier and my minds is not as clear as it was . My wife is typing this for me and that helps.Please help me with what ever you can.I really need pictures or simple step by step instructions. I want to try to do this tomorrow ( jun 9th 09) so I don't want to order another service manual only to find it does not have clear instructions.
Thanks
Allen Mims
Master sergeant
US ARMY (retired)

BOAT DOCTOR

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Dt225 suzuki impeller install

To get the lower unit off you have to remove six bolts and there is a bolt under the trim tab.Remove the cottor key in the pin on the shift shaft and take the pin out.drop the lower unit straight down enough to get pliers on the speedo hose and pop it off be careful not to shake lower unit side to side to much or will break plastic pan drain.

MoAllen

Cadet

Thanks,
I don't think my speed hoses are hooked up (they are hanging )in front of the engines capped off, I dont understand the plastic drain pans comment, what is that? my emani is emims3278@aol.com if anyone can send me a pdf file or anything else to help. and thank you so much Sir.
Allen

MoAllen

Cadet

Hi, Can anyone else help me? I will try to drop my lower units today.
Allen

MoAllen

Cadet

Hello all,
If there is anyone that has a good service manual that they could scan or copy just that part (dt225 suzuki impeller replacement and lower unit removal) and could email it to me it would really help
Allen

MoAllen

Cadet

Hello All,
I did it myself and it was easy, I just watched what I was doing and put it back to gether the same way. If anyone need ot know how to do it on a suzuki let me know I got it down, and use armorall on the impeller and housing when you put them together. It pops in with little or no problem.
Allen