Age of Yamaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwick

Recruit
Hello,
Hope someone can help!!!!
I've inherited a Yamaha motor from a friend and am getting no sense whatsoever when I'm trying to date this so I can find a owners manual and whether it is feasible to get spares.

The Motor has the following information on it:
40DE 676 BL 40706.

If somone out there can translate this for me and tell me what I've got it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Fred:confused:

Big Keepers

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Age of Yamaha

On the port stern bracket you want to find the model number on the sticker. A series of numbers and letters are on it. I think you gave the serial number.

Between 1984 and 1990 there is a 5-11 digit code for motor ID. If the code begins with an alpha designation it represents a model that is part of a variation family like CV, Pro, Counter-rotating, F, FT Models, etc.

Next is a one, two or three digit number, this is horsepower

Next is a one, two or three digit alpha code identifying the various trim/model types such as E for electric start, T for power trim, etc. Next may be a single alpha identifier that represents gear case length. Finally a single digit alpha code identifies the year.

Example:

25ELD is a 25 horsepower electric start (E) 20" shaft (L) made in 1990 (D).

Find that number and I or someone else with a Seloc manual will tell you the rest. Unfortunately the alphabet doesn't go in order to find the year. Yamaha did it randomly. N is 1984, K is 1985, etc.

89y

Recruit

On my Yamaha there is a letter that is stamped on the tag that is on the braked that gives the model and serial number. The stamp is on the lower right corner of the tag. For example, mine is stamped F and is a 1989. This letter that is stamped should represent your model year.

Have a good day,

Jacob

BEH

Cadet

Could you help me ID my Yamaha 40 HP
40ET
6H4

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Jerry - Please start a new a new topic. Most of the posters in this one have left home and aren't around anymore.

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
What year is a Yamaha 50 Serial number 6H5L557932.

Yes, much better to start a new post. Considered bad form to ride on the backs of others.

What is the complete model identity? It will be 50 something or other.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yes, much better to start a new post. Considered bad form to ride on the backs of others.

What is the complete model identity? It will be 50 something or other.

You tell him to start a new topic and then ask a question? Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.