Suzuki Dt75 ouboard bogs down when given throttle.

mprc911

Recruit
I have searched several things. But can't find much help. I have a 89 Dt75. I have put in new plugs. Have rebuilt the carbs and the fuel pump. All the cylinders have about 115 to 120 psi. New fuel filter, fuel lines, and clean fuel. No leaks anywhere.

Can any one tell me what the psi coming out of the cyl to the fuel pump should be? I have less than a pound.

The motor is run like new out of the water. Will start right up anytime, and idle good in water. will run across the water for a few seconds with the chokes 3/4 closed, then just falls on its face, and dies. At this point it is hard to start, it it will even start back up, like its starving of fuel.

I thought maby an electric fuel pump may help but don't know the fuel lbs.

I would like to have this thing running right by this Saturday. It realy sucks to get past the no wake and lay into it, only to be disappointed. Thank god for trolling motors.

Please anyone.

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Suzuki Dt75 ouboard bogs down when given throttle.

Did you replace the fuel pump diaphragm when you rebuilt the fuel pump? When you say it run for a few seconds with the choke closed 3/4 .... does it not run at all with choke totally open (in non-choke mode)? Do you have enough ventilation at the tank?

mprc911

Recruit

No I did not replace the diaphragm, everything looked fine in the fuel pump, I just have no vaccum to run it. And if the choke is open the boat will not get over an idle in the water or it will die. I have not checked the ventilation at the tank, I will do that.

rmac71

Cadet

I have a 88 DT85 that was doing the same thing. You need to get a fuel pump rebuild kit. My diaphram looked good also but it fixed my problem.

Good luck!

hookser1

Cadet

If you rebuild the fuel pump don't forget to replace the o-rings on either side of the fuel pump spacer block.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

you need to replace your pump diaphragm, it might look fine but really small cracks or tears can cause your nightmare .....

mprc911

Recruit

Here is my update. Went ahead and took the carbs back off, went through them again, all clean. Got a cheap universal fuel pump, puts out about 5 or 6 psi, boat runs fine. No bogging or anything.