Yamaha Tach Tilt and trim cable

pbunn

Recruit
I just purchased a Yamaha tach kit from iboats for a 2005 and later Yamaha motor. My motor is a 225 HP 2005 model Four Stroke.

I was replacing a Yamaha analog tach that was installed by the dealer when I re-powered. The dealer left no means to read the tilt and trim position after re-powering. That is the reason that I purchase the new multifunction tach.

The tach install kit was supplied with two cable assemblies. One of which was installed already on the analog tach. There was also a 4 conductor cable that was to be installed from the tach to the motor.

After installing the tach and connecting the single conductor quick connect leads from the existing harness - the tach works fine but the tilt and trim does not work at all. I assume the 4 conductor cable is the tilt and trim connection.

I cannot find but one cable connector inside the motor housing that the supplied cable connector will fit. The wire colors on that connector do not match - the connector is an off white connector with two pink wires and two pink wires with a black stripe.

I temporarily hooked up the cable to this connector and the tach housing and the tilt and trim indicator does not work (with either DIP switch setting).

My motor is a 2005 serial number that was manufactured in October 2004.