Help ! My Suzuki 9.9 kicker keeps stalling

SNye45

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The weather finally was warm enough to go out to the lake today. Yey.
I have a 2007 Suzuki 9.9 4 stroke kicker (manual start) which I use for trolling and for emergency backup.

My problem. After pumping the bulb until firm and pulling out the choke, it starts as normal on the first or second pull. It idles normally, but as soon as I advance the throttle, or push in the choke (after a warm up) it instantly dies. I checked the pee stream which is strong.

The kicker is plumbed into my main full tank which also feeds my main motor - which runs normally.

My thought is a clogged fuel filter, but if it is not this, I'm stumped.
If it is a clogged filter, is it easily to change or is that something that can be done under the engine warranty?

Any suggestions would be grateful. Thank you

airframer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Help ! My Suzuki 9.9 kicker keeps stalling

Two years old and stalling? Check your fuel pressure. Sounds small but it must be for that's new

steve66

Seaman

The weather finally was warm enough to go out to the lake today. Yey.
I have a 2007 Suzuki 9.9 4 stroke kicker (manual start) which I use for trolling and for emergency backup.

My problem. After pumping the bulb until firm and pulling out the choke, it starts as normal on the first or second pull. It idles normally, but as soon as I advance the throttle, or push in the choke (after a warm up) it instantly dies. I checked the pee stream which is strong.

The kicker is plumbed into my main full tank which also feeds my main motor - which runs normally.

My thought is a clogged fuel filter, but if it is not this, I'm stumped.
If it is a clogged filter, is it easily to change or is that something that can be done under the engine warranty?

Any suggestions would be grateful. Thank you

Hi, Its a blocked jet in the carb,probably the pilot jet.
Regards Steve

gss036

Commander

I am not familiar w/Suzuki engines, but most all the small motors have a drain screw for the fuel bowl, drain into a clear container and you can see if there is a lot of junk in it. Sounds like the jet or sucking something up from the fuel bowl, let it settle and it allows fuel to flow until there is more demand. hat about the filter on the Suzuki engine? Usually a clear see through, that way you can see if there is a lot of junk in it.

rlhenry

Recruit

my dt9.9 acts as you describe when vent is closed on fuel tank.