Suzuki DF115 water out exhaust port

sailorman37

Recruit
I have twin 2001 DF115's with 500 hours. Typically run at 4000 - 4200 rpm. Used in Florida saltwater, but flushed after each use with flush plug and thoroughly rinsed down. Recently I noticed water coming out the telltale exhaust hole next to cooling water telltale in one engine. It has since stopped, but now notice the engine won't run above 4800 rpms, where it used to top out at 5200 rpms. The engine is also running quite rough.

Is this indicative of a hole somewhere in the exhaust passages? Would it explain the loss of power or is this a coincidence? Is this a major repair?

Could this be similar to others who complained of corrosion problems in these engines? I recently had a corrosion problem in the head near the top of of the shift lever. The pin hole leak would allow engine oil to leak out when the engine was trimmed up a bit. Fortunately, I was able to fix this leak with JB Weld, but I have read about other corrosion problems with some of their castings.

These are way out of warranty, but is there any merit to latent defect clause because of poor design?

Eshaw150

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Suzuki DF115 water out exhaust port

you may have a bad headgasket or a cracked exhaust manifold or a bad exhaust manifold gasket check the compression and check to see if there is water in any of the cyclinders